Monday, January 26, 2009

Blessings

It has been a great blessing to have Darci, Brody & Nora come and live with us. It reminds me of the wonderful times I had as my children were growing up...the giggling and playfulness that surrounds them. The pitter-patter of little feet and the "quiet" talking in bed as they go to sleep and wake in the morning. The snuggles and hugs brighten every day. It's also remanescent of Darci's teen years when we would sit up for hours (usually starting at midnight) talking and solving the problems of the world. Of course with Darci 6 1/2 months pregnant and Brody needing to be up for school our talks now end, not start, at midnight...but Blair still comes in and reminds us that it's time to sleep.

Each weekend we try to go exploring a new part of California with the kids. Last weekend we headed for the Redwoods, however, baby Mayer didn't like all the twists and turns, so it was cut short. Instead we went to see Vicky and helped put Christmas away (Jan 24, 2009). She had a motorcycle accident last week and broke her arm and ribs. She had a plate put in her arm to secure it since she's so active. We had an enjoyable visit.

My office window faces the day care center. I watch parents drop their children off daily in the morning and I'm gone before they pick them up again. With the children in the house now and me working all day, I find that I hardly even see them, except on weekends. Maybe an hour in the morning during breakfast and an hour or so in the evening with all of my other activities that I attend. I can't imagine what little time I would have had with my children had I worked all day long every day. Thankfully I have a wonderful, hard working husband who sacrificed his time so that I could spend so much time with my children. I hope you children appreciate it as much as I do. Thanks for letting me be such a constant part of your lives! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

This is a journal of the Blair & Marilyn Marsden Family. By sharing our greatest triumphs and trials, we strengthen our faith in the Lord and our love for each other.