Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Travel Logged
We have nearly made it! Justin's job at Dr Pepper Snapple Group has been wonderful. He gets home for dinner an hour earlier than EY every night. He is less stressed and much happier, and then we hit Dr Pepper style busy season. Since Sept 22nd he has been to Houston TX, Columbus OH 3 times, Louisville KY, LA CA, Philadelphia then drove to NJ. Last week I counted how many days he was home in Oct and I said 7. This is not true however because I counted the trip to the Irving TX which doesn't count at all since it is only 45min away. Sorry I was off by a week! It felt that bad. It has been hard without Justin home, but we have done lots of fun things since we have the car to destract ourselves. Abby and Spencer went to the zoo with me and were angels the whole time. They ran all over the place but always stayed close by Mommy. There was a new Elephant and we actually got to see the gorillas because it was a nice cool day. Spencer loved the gorillas until he realized that they were bigger than Mommy, then he cried and had to be reassured, after that he was ready to move on. Our favorite spot is the bird and reptile house. The hanging parrots just had a chick so we saw it hanging upside down on a tree branch and laughed at the silly bird who thought it was a bat. We have also started to conquer our fear of dogs. Abby is TERRIFIED of any dog. She runs screaming as fast as she can to me and crawls up me no matter how big it is. The neighbor and I convinced her to pet a tea cup poodle on Thursday and that is a MAJOR event. Spencer is very leery of anything with a wet tongue, but he too gave it a try and now we love dogs...from afar. Story time has become our favorite event and we have made it to a story time at 1 of 5 libraries in the area every week. On occasion we even go twice!!! I have gotten used to having the car and the freedom of movement that gives us, but I will gladly give the car away to get my husband back. Friday will see much celebrating in the Wheeler home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a journal of the Blair & Marilyn Marsden Family. By sharing our greatest triumphs and trials, we strengthen our faith in the Lord and our love for each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.