Monday, October 24, 2011

What I've learned from General Conference 2010

April 2010 I need to change my thoughts and feelings to the positive, not negative. If I react positively I can find ways to solve problems, not make things worse. Watch what I think or do. If HE were standing there with me, am I doing anything to tarnish HIS name? There can be a "Mighty Change of Heart" and addictions and sins can be transformed into forgiveness and peace, joy and happiness. Sincere, fervant prayer is needed to accomplish this...my patriarchal blessing mentions "Prayer" many times. I need to spend more time on my knees and a prayer constantly in my heart. Pray-Obey-Study, Pres. Monson Prepare to serve a mission by becoming closer to Blair. Look for ways to serve my Visiting Teachees and serve them. Look for ways to serve my family and do it. Perform my callings with zeal. Work in the temple. I need to bare my testimony to my family verbally and in written form. Keep reading the scriptures as a family, learn and grow together. Have thoughts at family dinner to discuss. Remember that my loved ones who have passed on before me will form a "victory arch" of sorts for me to go through to keep me on the straight and narrow road to heaven. Know what the prophet has recently said...and DO IT! If I accept a calling, the Lord will qualify me for that calling. Believe I'll be blessed if I follow the prophet. Teach by the spirit and love them. Love the people in the scriptures and learn from them. Know those whom I teach and meet their needs, not mine. Don't second guess, do it the Lord's Way. Dedicate my body to Christ, keep it clean always (mind also) Be more honest in my doings. Become Like Christ and I'll Know HIM. Focus on prayer, scripture reading, family, and things that produce happiness and joy. Be diligent Relationship with God: seek, learn, listen and life becomes stable. Spend alone time with HIM. Relationship with family: dinners together, FHE, have fun together, work together. TIME = LOVE Talk WITH people, not ABOUT people. Appreciate their differences. Bond with Heavenly Father. Relationship with my fellow man: serve, meet the needs of others. Listen and spend time with them. Relationship with myself: don't criticize myself. Get to know my real self better. Liken the scriptures to me. See myself as God sees me. Don't use "Selective Obedience"...come into the light and bring everyone with me. Find ways to keep my sons busy, not gaming. Help them learn to appreciate the 13th article of Faith, ...If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, that is what my family is doing. Promote values. Be an example-speak out for the Lord's "Right". Don't run from those who would push satan's values on me or my family. I may not be moving mountains, but I can remove a mountain of pain, sin, and doubt through faith. Bear my testimony to my family. Express love and appreciation to them...our home is an incubator, create the warmth and love. Connect with my past, present and future family, genealogy. Keep Christ as my foundation, so I won't get offended or ashamed because I'm sinning. A strong testimony brings peace and strength, bear it often. Have Faith in Jesus and in HIS programs (gospel), Repentence, Obedience. Strengthen my testimony, read the Book of Mormon constantly. Keep teaching through my example. Use personal and priesthood inspiration together, don't rely on only 1 of them. Show, tell and be grateful in word and deed and miracles can happen. Refuse to be negative (It's a choice) be grateful for little changes. I never know when it's going to be "too late" so say and do the things I need to NOW! Be grateful to the Savior and for HIS Atonement. Get out of debt! Pay off house and cars. Keep out of debt! Love Blair and learn to communicate better with him. Don't withdraw myself from the Holy Ghost. Renew my covenants with HIM weekly (sacrament). Always remember HIM, keep HIS commandments=I'll have HIS spirit to be with me always. Serve others so that I will have HIS spirit with me more. The Church is a blessing from and instruction from the Holy Ghost. Be humble and faithful in following the Spirit. Keep my heart open to be able to "Change my heart". NO SLEEPOVERS, only problems happen any more! Be strong, be not afraid to lead my children toward righteousness. I've been baptised and have received the Holy Ghost, now I need to strengthen my testimony so that I will follow the Prophet and Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

This is a journal of the Blair & Marilyn Marsden Family. By sharing our greatest triumphs and trials, we strengthen our faith in the Lord and our love for each other.