Monday, October 24, 2011

What I Learned from Genreal Conference April 2011

April 2011
Keep attending the temple weekly.
Donate to the general Mission fund.
Prepare for the Sabbath by reviewing my sins from the last week and repent of them prior to taking the sacrament each Sunday. When I partake of the sacrament I am taking HIS name on my. When I eat and drink I am symbolically taking his body and blood on/in me. Minister to others on Sunday.
Look for opportunities to serve others. Pray daily to know who needs help and how to help them.
Let gospel truths find a home in my heart. Write notes of love and thanks to siblings and family members.
Become submissive, meek, humble and full of love. Let anger and frustration and judgment go!
Teach Ryan how to handle money.
Treat Blair with kindness and respect.
Withstand adversity and temptation. Love God more than man, but love and serve others.
Be obedient in keeping ALL of God's commandments.
Pay attention to words in the temple...know what covenants I have made and keep them to strengthen my marriage.
Pain should bring me closer to God, not farther away.
I'm never alone, Christ, the Holy Ghost and angels (my loved ones who have passed on before me) are always helping me...surrounding me.
Have unwavering faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I can make a difference in the lives of the families in our ward.
Consecrate my time, money, things and self to the building up of the kingdom of God.
Help people become 'self reliant'.
Spend less money than we have!
It's better to give than receive. Let others do all they can for themselves. Draw my family into service.
Forget, forgive and leave it alone (SIN) move on after I repent!
Strengthen my testimony.
Establish a Christ Centered Home. Home CAN be a heaven on earth.
Don't do anything that will make me lose the Spirit!
Keep desires according to the Lord's guidelines. Pray about decisions, don't shop or buy impulsively.
Seek diligently for the Lord's direction in my life.
Seek an overwhelming desire to be what the Lord knows I can become. Lose the desire for sin...I need to be able to give away all my sins to "know God".
Share the gospel with others.
Turn down the volume control of worldly noise so that I can hear and hearken to the guidance of the Holy Ghost.
God notices and knows me but another person may answer my prayers (because they were sent to help me). Be sensitive to others needs, be that angel of service.
Use technology to spread the gospel...the right place at the right time.
Learn from trials!
Growth comes by challenges. Don't resent things that will make me better and stronger.
Provident Living and self reliance needs to be reviewed. Avoid debt. Use thrift and prepare for times of distress... Follow the prophet, and apostles. Figure out NEEDS vs WANTS and live accordingly.
Do more ministering visits to make the sisters into friends.
Be kind to the poor and suffering. Go and do thou likewise like Christ.
Keep pressing forward and you can't go amiss. We receive revelation without realizing when or how it happened (like the sun rising) just DO IT!
Sacrifice time regularly. Attend the temple and serve those who have died. Attend the temple as a family. Read my Relief Society temple booklet. Have a temple picture in every bedroom. Teach my grandchildren to love the temple.
Write sweet notes and hide them.
I have a special ability to know my children's needs, help and teach and direct them according to the Spirit. Cherish every moment!
God is the gardener. Look for HIS plan, not mine. I may need pruning in order to grow. If I turn away from the Lord too long, he will stay away because he's not invited. Use self correction instead of being corrected.
Pay tithing on stock and interest.
Have a "to be" list=becoming.
My children can help me refine myself.
Professions and possessions are not an identity of my self worth. My good example of who and how the Savior is will define my self-worth. Be a perfect parent by using the scriptures.
Use the proper name of the Church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints) and teach others with the use of the scriptures.
Don't give up on people (especially family) they can change with the help of the Atonement...it's for Everyone.
Search the conference talks and follow up on their teachings and my inspiration. The General Conference talks teach by the spirit so I need to listen by the Spirit for that special epistle sent to me from on high. The apostles and prophets have prophesied! Prepare for the second coming!
Prepare for Easter, and life the Lord's way.



This is a journal of the Blair & Marilyn Marsden Family. By sharing our greatest triumphs and trials, we strengthen our faith in the Lord and our love for each other.